The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Pics and details of your gauges?

Dopeem1

As stated im lookkng for ideas on how to mount my 3 2 1/16" guages in 554! Thanks guys!

prove_it

Duct tape, use black so it blends.

prove_it

Haha, you'll never know

turbohf

so this tape, and 3 gauges reminded me of...

IMG_20130601_173319.jpg

found this in a buddies car. they where taped all together just set on the floor or console.

BluFalcon

Paul's got the best setup I think. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Very clever and well executed.

You can fit three 52mm gauges under the radio, if you have a single DIN headunit.

I have a old Mofugas Motorsports three gauge DIN mount for underneath the radio, whenever I get around to installing more gauges for the car. Also have a Paulo speaker pod, and currently using a Lo-Tek dual A-pillar pod, but haven't decided whether to keep it, or go with another configuration.

Here's how things looked a few years ago. I have a single DIN head unit now, for whenever I get around to installing more gauges and the S-AFC is long gone. Still have the Greddy 60mm and PLX Wideband display on the A-Pillar though.

521_Interior.jpg

Last edited:

strokin4dr

This is an old pic from when I was test fitting gauges in my old car.
This placement requires removing the ac controls or getting creative though.

GSTwithPSI

How did you like the Prosport gauges? I think I remember Wop saying they weren't very accurate. What was your experience? I was looking into getting a few because they are pretty affordable, but don't want junk.

transparentdsm

i have oil pressure, wideband and boost/vacuum prosport gauges and i think there good. everything seems to be accurate. i mount mine in the glove box because you only really need the gauges for tuning or in case something goes wrong and other then that i don't want them to be seen, it also helps to keep with a stock interior appearance.

manikbastrd

^^^ I really like your mounting solution. I totally agree about not wanting to see the gauges unless I am tuning. I will be doing something similar with my Wideband and boost gauge here shortly.

coyotes

Quoting transparentdsm:
i have oil pressure, wideband and boost/vacuum prosport gauges and i think there good. everything seems to be accurate. i mount mine in the glove box because you only really need the gauges for tuning or in case something goes wrong and other then that i don't want them to be seen, it also helps to keep with a stock interior appearance.

Does your oil pressure have a warning? How will you know if you have low oil pressure with the gauge tucked away?

cheekychimp

^^^ Oh Knocking sounds, smoke from under the hood, pieces of engine on the highway ... what do you need a warning light for when you have all those tell tale signs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Steve885

I just moved two of mine into that under dash Drawer and two on the speaker pod.. I hate all those bright lights staring at me..

turbowop

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
I think I remember Wop saying they weren't very accurate. What was your experience?

I went through two different electric oil pressure gauges and three of their senders. It wasn't that they were inaccurate, but resolution was nonexistent below 20psi. Neither of them would read oil pressure below that, but worked fine above 20psi...until the sender would crap out and peg the needle as soon as the gauge got power. I also had a mechanical boost gauge and it seemed to work just fine. And then there was the brightness of their lighting that couldn't be dimmed. I just didn't like them at all.

This was for 503 though, which was my DD. I didn't want to spend lots of money on high quality gauges for that car and figured I could get by with cheapy Prosports. If I were to do it again, I would spend some more coin on something better. Like lower end Defi's.

Anyway, here are my gauges. Sorry for the rough pics...

Defi Link meters in 1051:

Day:

Night:

And the Marshall gauge setup I had in 503 before I went to the Prosports. The Marshalls were even worse. We did a group buy on them several years ago. Their electric boost gauge had such bad lag I don't even think the gauge made it out of vacuum and into boost before the car would hit redline. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

SteveDSM

I don't have access to a day picture of mine right now, but it is a pretty normal 2 on the A-pillar setup, but as much as I normally do not like pillar mounted gauges, I do like them on my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ade

temporary-36.jpg

innovate db air fuel gauge mounted on the steering column with autometer's mounting cup kit(without the cup)
autometer ultralite boost gauge in a single column a-arm mount
IMG_20130810_212836.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned